How to Get the Best Xfinity Deals for Your Household
Choosing the best Xfinity deals for your household can save you hundreds of dollars each year on home entertainment services. Whether you need phone, internet, television or all three, Xfinity has you covered with package levels at various price points. Read on to understand the various deals offered by Xfinity and how to combine them to save the most money.
What are Xfinity Internet deals?
Xfinity provides home entertainment services, including TV, phone and internet to many areas across the U.S. While television and landline phone services are nonessential for some families, many households need internet access for school and remote work. To help meet this need, Xfinity frequently offers internet deals to help customers save money.
These deals can be offered in several forms:
- Bundles – For customers who plan to purchase multiple services, Xfinity offers monthly savings for bundling two or more services together under the same plan.
- Discounts – Customers can also receive monthly discounts for taking certain actions on their Xfinity plan, such as registering for automatic bill pay.
- Promotions – Xfinity promotions provide additional savings to new customers in the form of free equipment or installation, introductory pricing, or temporary free services.
Customers who sign up for new Xfinity internet packages can combine multiple deals to receive significant savings on the monthly bill. Deals change frequently and will vary by location, so it’s best to input your zip code at ISP.com to check for the latest offerings.
Xfinity Internet packages
|Internet Package||Speed||Simultaneous Devices||What it’s good for|
|Performance Starter||25 Mbps||1-2||Small households; web browsing and social media|
|Performance||100 Mbps||Up to 5||Video and audio streaming for a few devices|
|Blast!||200 Mbps||Up to 8||Downloading/uploading large files; video conferencing|
|Extreme||300 Mbps||Up to 11||Online gaming; multi-user streaming|
|Extreme Pro||600 Mbps||Up to 12||Home-based businesses; live streaming|
|Gigabit Speed||1,000 Mbps||Unlimited||Heavy usage in large families; smart home devices; real-time online gaming|
Xfinity currently offers internet service to customers in select areas within 36 states. Contracts are not required, but discounts are available for those willing to commit to a one- or two-year agreement.
Xfinity internet packages also come with several helpful features at no additional charge. Most notably, the xFi app allows you to manage your home WiFi from anywhere — change passwords, see which devices are currently connected to your WiFi or easily manage your parental controls. Xfinity also offers no-cost equipment upgrades and tech support when you lease Xfinity-provided equipment.
Xfinity Internet bundles
|Bundle||Number of Channels||Internet Speed||What’s included|
|Xfinity Double Play – Basic||10+||Up to 25 Mbps||Internet and TV|
|Xfinity Double Play – Performance/Extra||125+||Up to 100 Mbps||Internet and TV|
|Xfinity Double Play – Preferred/Gigabit||200+||Up to 1,000 Mbps||Internet and TV|
|Xfinity Triple Play||200+||Up to 1,000 Mbps||Internet, TV, and Voice|
Xfinity Double Play – Basic
This version of the Double Play package includes Xfinity’s Basic TV package and Performance Starter internet package. While the company promises at least ten channels, most markets include significantly more than the minimum. For example, in Knoxville, TN, the Basic package comes with all of the music stations plus 50 additional channels, including:
The internet package promises download speeds up to 25 Mbps, which is good for one to two devices accessing the network at the same time. This package is also eligible for several promotions and discounts, including a bundling discount.
Xfinity Double Play – Performance/Extra
This version of the Double Play package includes Xfinity’s Extra TV package and Performance internet package. The Extra TV package promises over 125 channels, including all of the Basic package channels plus many popular family programming networks, such as:
- American Movie Classic
- Cartoon Network
- Comedy Central
- Disney Channel
- Fox Sports
- National Geographic
The internet package promises download speeds up to 100 Mbps, which is good for up to five devices accessing the network at the same time. This package is also eligible for several promotions and discounts, including a bundling discount.
Xfinity Double Play – Preferred/Gigabit
This version of the Double Play package includes Xfinity’s Preferred TV package and Gigabit internet package. The Preferred TV package promises over 200 channels, including all of the Extra package channels plus many additional movie and specialty channels, such as:
- CBS Sports
- DIY Network
- Game Show Network
- MLB Network
- NFL Network
- NHL Network
The internet package promises download speeds up to 1,000 Mbps, which is good for robust internet usage, unlimited devices connecting simultaneously, online gaming and heavy streaming. This package is also eligible for several promotions and discounts, including a bundling discount.
Xfinity Triple Play
Xfinity’s triple play package can be combined with any of the internet or TV packages offered. This can include the Basic, Extra, or Preferred TV packages and the Performance Starter, Performance, Blast!, Extreme, Extreme Pro or Gigabit Speed internet packages. The Triple Play bundle also includes Xfinity Voice, which provides home phone service, some International calling, Caller ID displayed on your TV and on-the-go access with the Xfinity Connect App. This package is also eligible for several promotions and discounts, including the largest bundling discount Xfinity offers.
Xfinity Internet deals
After choosing the best combination of services to meet your household needs, you can take advantage of several different types of Xfinity internet deals. The company regularly offers:
- Bundles – Xfinity offers subscribers monthly savings to bundle two or more services. The standard bundle savings is $20 per month for two combined services or $40 per month for all three combined services (internet, TV and voice).
- Discounts – Xfinity currently offers discounts of $10 a month for subscribers who register for auto bill pay and use the paperless billing service. Both services must remain active to retain the discount, but there is no limit to the length of time customers can receive this discount. Xfinity also offers an agreement discount of $10 per month for subscribers who commit to a one- or two-year contract, depending on which services and packages are selected.
- Promotions – In various geographic locations, Xfinity will offer new customers a variety of promotions, such as monthly savings for the first 12 months of service, free movie channel packages or HD services for a limited time or waived equipment and installation charges. Some areas also offer additional equipment promotions, such as a free Flex 4K streaming device or voice remote.
All Xfinity internet deals change frequently and vary by geographic location, so you should check the specific offerings in your area for the most accurate pricing. Visit ISP.com and enter your zip code for additional Xfinity internet packages and deal information.
The bottom line
Xfinity offers a variety of packages that can be paired with various deals to provide cost-effective services that best meet your family’s needs. Check the Xfinity services offered in your area by using the ISP.com zip code finder to research packages and deals available to you today.