Vermont Internet Service
This guide compares internet providers in Vermont by speeds, pricing, and availability to help you choose the best option for your needs.
Internet Providers in Vermont
Several companies offer high-speed access in the Green Mountain State. The type and speed of the internet available to you in Vermont depends on your location. This page explores internet services available to residents of various Vermont cities.
From Burlington to Bennington, Xfinity offers a fiber network that covers much of the state. HughesNet and Viasat offer satellite internet. Additionally, you can consider local providers such as Burlington Communications and the Vermont Telephone Company.
Our Top Internet Providers
HughesNet Internet 25 - 25 MBPS
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Free standard installation
$59.99 per month for 24 months. Offer ends 1/26/2020. Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract, unless otherwise stated. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing may or may not reflect promotional, bundle and/or other offers available. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary.
Viasat Internet 12 - 100 MBPS
- Two-year price lock guarantee
- No long-term contract option
Plans starting at
$ 50 /mo for 3 months
Call to Order 1-833-785-7603
Xfinity Internet 15 - 2,000 MBPS
- No-contract options available
- 30-day money back guarantee
Offer ends 12/08/19. Limited time offer. Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. New residential customers only. Limited to Performance Internet. Kit offer for kit serviceable locations only. Limit one kit per customer. Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, and other applicable charges extra, and subject to change during and after the promo. After promo, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular rates apply. Comcast's monthly service charge for Performance Internet is $74.95 (subject to change). Service limited to a single outlet. May not be combined with other offers. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. For factors affecting speed visit www.xfinity.com/networkmanagement. All devices must be returned when service ends. Xfinity hotspots included with Xfinity Internet Performance (and above). Limited hotspot access included for Performance Starter and below. Available in select areas. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month’s recurring service and standard installation charges up to $500. ©2019 Comcast. All rights reserved. Pricing per month plus taxes, unless otherwise stated. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing may or may not reflect promotional, bundle and/or other offers available. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary.
Compare Vermont internet providers
Understanding options available from each provider can help you find fast internet in Vermont. Below is a breakdown of services from Vermont's internet providers.
Four internet providers stand out from those serving the 802 zip code, and each company’s services have advantages and disadvantages. To make an informed decision, you should research each provider’s offerings.
Consolidated Communications operates in regions throughout Vermont, including in the northern part of the state. The company’s plans range from $31.79 to $75.79 per month for two years.
HughesNet delivers satellite internet; each plan includes speeds up to 25Mbps. Satellite internet requires professional installation, which HughesNet provides for free. However, all plans include monthly data caps.
Viasat provides satellite internet, which is an excellent option for rural homes. Other options for those in rural areas include DSL and dial-up internet, both of which are significantly slower than high-speed internet plans. Satellite internet is accessible to anyone with access to the open sky.
Xfinity serves 137 Vermont communities and offers some of the fastest speeds available. Xfinity provides free Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide, allowing customers to access the internet without using data. Additionally, students currently receive a $75 prepaid card after signing up for Xfinity.
Best internet speeds in Vermont
Customers looking for fast internet in Vermont have several choices. Depending on where you live, you may have access to a local provider that offers competitive internet speeds.
- Burlington Communications - Burlington Communications provides download and upload speeds up to 1,000Mbps. The company provides a fiber network but only serves customers in the Burlington area. Consolidated Communications - This provider delivers download speeds up to 100Mbps. The company covers the entire state, but not all areas can access the fastest speeds.
- Vermont Telephone Company - This company provides a 1Gbps service to 14 communities in southern Vermont. Some areas can access even faster speeds. Depending on location, customers can access a fiber or DSL network. The company requires customers to commit to at least one year of service and sign up for a phone plan.
- Viasat - Viasat delivers 100Mbps download speeds and 5Mbps upload speeds. The company covers limited areas and guarantees download speeds of at least 12Mbps. Viasat does not require customers to sign a long-term contract.
- Xfinity - Xfinity's fiber cable network provides some of the fastest internet in Vermont. The company delivers speeds of up to 987Mbps, and its slowest advertised download rate is 100Mbps.
Call now for internet deals in Vermont
Research all your options to find the fastest Wi-Fi available in your Vermont community. Contact ISP.com to find the best internet deals in Vermont.
Be the first on the web to know
Subscribe to get updates on local internet deals and news.