Montana Internet Service
Compare internet providers in Montana by speeds, pricing, and availability to find the best one for you.
Internet Providers in Montana
Amidst the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains, you won’t find more stunning landscapes than in Montana. So, if you enjoy the great outdoors, skiing, lakes, and beautiful hiking trails, you’ll love this state. While Montana is a great place to live for its beauty, it also provides residents a lot of choices when it comes to internet providers.
On this page, you’ll discover a summary of providers, a full comparison table, and useful information about what sets the top three services apart from the rest. We’ll also look at which internet provider in Montana can provide you with the highest connection speeds. That’s everything you need to know to make the right decision about which internet provider and plan is right for you.
When you live in Montana, your internet provider choices are 3 Rivers Communications, CenturyLink, Cybernet1, Earthlink, Frontier, HughesNet, Interbel, Montana Internet Corporation, Nemont, RTC, Spectrum, Triangle Communications, Viasat, and WispWest. Find out how your options stack up against one another.
You can leverage cable, DSL, fiber, mobile broadband, and satellite technology to power your connection. Depending on where you live, there are plenty of options. And, if you’re in a rural community, which limits you to a satellite service, you’ll experience faster connection than ever before.
Our Top Internet Providers
CenturyLink Internet 12 - 940 MBPS
- "Price for Life" offer on most Fiber plans
- Free installation for Fiber Gigabit customers
Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract, unless otherwise stated. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing may or may not reflect promotional, bundle and/or other offers available. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary.
Plans starting at
$ 49 /mo for months
Call to Order 1-833-785-7603
HughesNet Internet 25 - 25 MBPS
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Free standard installation
$59.99 per month for 24 months. Offer ends 1/26/2020. Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract, unless otherwise stated. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing may or may not reflect promotional, bundle and/or other offers available. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary.
Viasat Internet 12 - 100 MBPS
- Two-year price lock guarantee
- Unlimited data
Plans starting at
$ 70 /mo for months
Call to Order 1-833-785-7603
Compare Montana Internet Providers
The top internet providers in Montana today are CenturyLink, HughesNet, and Viasat. Find out what you can expect from each of their services and what makes them different from the rest.
One of the nation’s most popular internet providers, CenturyLink offers residential and business internet, phone, and television in Montana. Bundle your services for savings on your monthly bill. For your monthly DSL connection alone, prices start at $49 per month.
Customers say that CenturyLink presents the fastest speeds of the top three options. In limited locations, you may be able to access CenturyLink’s fiber connection speeds of up to 940 Mbps, which the company has just started advertising.
Another top internet service in Montana, HughesNet, powers rural areas with satellite connections. The company boasts that it is America’s number one provider of satellite internet for both homes and offices. Pricing starts at $39.99 per month for a satellite internet connection. Expect speeds up to 25 Mbps.
One selling point for HughesNet is their community involvement. The brand is a proud supporter of 4-H and STEM programs across the United States and offers scholarships for these activities in rural areas.
Viasat is one of the state’s favorite providers of satellite internet connections. You can use the service to connect to the web at decent speeds from nearly anywhere in the world, making this is a top option for rural Montana residents and businesses. Leverage a connection up to 100 Mbps, starting at $50 per month.
Viasat provides competitive speeds on land, at sea and in the air. So, this is a popular option for airlines, cruise ships, homes, offices and local government-funded community hot spots.
Best internet speeds in Montana
The fastest current technology is fiber. Using fiber-optic cables, some providers can offer speeds of up to 1 Gbps. As some providers scramble to add this technology to their offering, others can connect you at the fastest speeds today:
- 3 Rivers Communications - This provider offers internet and phone services for residential and business customers in Montana. Access fiber connection speeds from 25 Mbps up to 1 Gbps with plans that start at $74.95 and go up to $114.95 per month, respectively.
- Earthlink - You may be able to access 1Gbps services on plans that start as low as $49.95 per month. You'll get a fast internet connection, email, access to the web portal, and 24-hour customer support. The web portal allows you to edit your billing, contact and shipping information, manage EarthLink services, change passwords and more.
- Interbel - Plans start at $39.95 per month for copper services of up to 20 Mbps. Fiber pricing begins at $49.95 and offers speeds up to 1Gbps.
- Nemont - Contact the internet, television, and phone provider to learn prices for 4G wireless and up to 1 Gbps fiber connections. Bundle multiple services to save on your monthly bill.
- RTC - Expect pricing to start at $149.95 per month for fiber internet and speeds up to 1Gbps. Or connect at 75 Mbps for as little as $56.95 per month.
Call now for internet deals in Montana
For your business or residential service needs, leverage our up-to-date geo-targeted database of providers. Get accurate information about the best speeds and pricing. Contact ISP.com to find the best internet in Montana.