Plans starting at
- Access to over 30,000 WiFi hotspots
- Free McAfee online security
What You Need to Know
Plans start at
DirecTV Internet Speeds
- from Mbps
- Up to 940 Mbps
Internet offers vary by location
DirecTV Internet Availabilty
All DirecTV Products
DIRECTV Internet: What you need to know
Here’s an at-a-glance rundown of DIRECTV that you can use as a quick reference guide, including information about packages, speeds, prices and more.
DIRECTV internet packages
To get internet service through DIRECTV, you have to sign up for its satellite television service and add-on internet in a bundle. Once you sign up for one of the television packages below, you’ll receive the fastest available internet at your home. Without a TV bundle, AT&T internet starts at $49.99 for up to 100 Mbps. AT&T also offers over 30,000 hotspots around the country that you can use to connect to WiFi for free when you’re on the go.
The Select Package from DIRECTV costs $39.99 plus taxes per month for television for 12 months. You must sign a two-year agreement to get this price, and you also have to sign up for AutoPay and paperless billing. The cost increases for the television subscription after the first year ends. This package includes unlimited data, which is a savings of $30 per month. Speeds range from 10 Mbps to 940 Mbps and would work well for gaming and streaming 4K video.
Also, you get 155 channels, plus a three-month subscription to HBO, STARZ, Showtime, Cinemax and Epix when you sign up for this package.
With the Choice Package, you’ll pay $49.99 a month for your television service for the first 12 months and $39.99 a month for DIRECTV internet service. You have to sign a two-year contract, and your TV subscription will increase in price after year one. You’ll also need to sign up for paperless billing and AutoPay to secure this price. Your internet speeds will depend on your location but will fall anywhere from 10 Mbps to 940 Mbps. Included with the Choice Package are 185 channels and one NFL Sunday ticket, along with the extra television channels that come with the Select Package. However, you will have to pay an additional $9.99 Regional Sports Fee if you select the offer.
The Ultimate Package comes with 250 television channels and the same NFL Sunday ticket for $64.99 per month plus taxes and fees. Again, you have to sign up for AutoPay and paperless billing, as well as agree to a two-year term. Your TV rates will increase after the first year. You’ll also have to pay the $9.99 Regional Sports Fee each month. When you bundle DIRECTV internet with this package, you can get anywhere from 10 Mbps to 940 Mbps internet speeds, depending on where you’re located.
Advantages of DIRECTV
- Bundle savings: You’ll receive discounts when you bundle internet service with a DIRECTV television package. If you already have a television package, it might make financial sense to tack on an internet package as well if you are already shopping around for one.
- Possible faster speeds: You can get the fastest possible rates available for your location for $39.99 a month. Therefore, if you’re in the area where AT&T has its fiber connection, you can get Internet 1000, which uses fiber and gets up to 940 Mbps.
- Proven reliability: Because AT&T has a good track record for customer service and reliable internet, you already know what you’re getting into when you sign up for DIRECTV internet.
- Unlimited data: You will have access to unlimited data with no data caps. So your speeds won’t get slowed down if you use more than a specific amount of data each month.
Disadvantages of DIRECTV
- Contract required: You have to sign a two-year contract to get the bundle discounts. If you cancel early, you’ll have to pay $20 per month for each month remaining on the agreement.
- Must bundle: For anyone who doesn’t want cable television, getting internet through DIRECTV doesn’t make sense. You have to bundle to receive an internet plan, so if that’s not of interest to you, you might want to look elsewhere.
- Prices go up after 12 months: Although you have to sign a two-year agreement, the discounted prices only apply to the first year. Therefore, you’ll pay more each month during the second year, which you should factor into your budget considerations.
You'll gain access to over 30,000 WiFi hotspots through AT&T located all over the country.
You'll get protection from online threats from AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee for free with every internet plan from 5 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps. If your internet service is slower than that, you can pay $5 per month for the plan.
Excellent customer service
The American Consumer Satisfaction Index reports high levels of customer satisfaction with AT&T internet products.
DirecTV In your area
Some internet providers are only available in specific locations. DIRECTV uses AT&T to give you internet, and it's only available in 21 states. Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. Use our zip code tool to see if DIRECTV internet is available to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
When bundled with a television package, DIRECTV internet costs $39.99 per month, plus taxes and fees.
That depends. DIRECTV internet is available in 21 states, including Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.
DIRECTV internet speed depends on where you live. If you have access to its fiber internet service, you can get up to 940 Mbps, which is super fast. The range is between 5 Mbps and 940 Mbps.
It can be. Depending on your location and the speeds available to you, DIRECTV internet could be fast enough to game without lagging. Although you can get by with less in some instances, you'll want at least 25 Mbps to play high-definition games that use a lot of bandwidth.
Yes, you have to sign a 48-month contract and bundle internet service with a television package.